- First of all, WOW! 1 billion zeny! Congratulations! Ragnarok online is a game that's more than a decade old. Were you able to play the previous versions of the game or just this 2017 version?
I started playing the beta-test version 2003-2004 when I was a kid, I was the one who invented the STR type hunter (so we can carry alot of arrows back then and we need not go back to town for a very long time) LOL just kiddin, but yeah, I did some pretty silly stuff back when I was a 12 year old kid.
- Before playing the game, did you already have this goal in mind? or was it just the stars aligning in your favor?
One thing I can say is if I put my mind into something, everything is achievable.
- Are you a solo player when you started out? or did you join the game with your friends?
Yes, a lone wolf indeed, me and my guildmate -Ryu were the first two people to reach level 99 in the server by playing solo, We had the whole Clock Tower B4F to ourselves during the first two weeks of the server. Despite that we didn't make a party because we were competing who'll be the first 99 in the server LOL.
- What are your short term and long term goals in this game?
Short term goals were all achieved already (first 99 in the server, first pure forger BS, Top 1 BS, First legitimate 1B.. etc) However, my long-term goals are pretty broad, I would just have to say that you stay tuned to our page for future announcement of bigger and better things we have in store for all our loyal supporter and followers. :)
- Did you buy RokPoints right away or did you observe the market a bit?
During CBT I was just trying the game out and feeling the nostalgia that came with it, but as soon as CBT was over I had gone nuts over the game.. I was too deep in the rabbit hole to escape my fate, I was addicted and so I immediately bought 10k worth of ROKS to start me off on grinding in OBT.
- any tips that you can give to those who's planning to do the same strategy as you did?
All the information you need to do what I did is already out there in the open, just learn to research for it. That's the easy part. However, the hard part is keeping your enthusiasm, dedication, and persistence in check. You can only do so if you're passionate enough for the game and how it's meant to be played and enjoyed.
- With regards to zeny fluctuation, did you see it as a random occurrence or did you find a pattern in it?
I actually found a pattern in it like most of the experienced players in-game, like what we commonly see on official communities.
A number of older people knows how the game works, they know the principle between supply and demand and some other advanced principle of economics in general. That's why we/they know how to predict the incoming dips and rise of zeny and other market essentials, armors, weapons, cards and the like. It's all about predicting the next big thing.
- Our developer sees this game as a simulation of real life. In your opinion, what are the similarities and differences this game has over real life?
I totally agree, the game's economy and business is no different than that of real life businesses. It's all about finding a problem in the market or the server as a whole and providing solutions and services to accommodate or cater to the in-game problems or absence of said services.
- Seeing that you're an entrepreneur in real life, what disciplines were you able to use in-game?
Two things I utilized fully was Law of Leverage and Law of Association.
The former of the two is about utilizing other people's talents and skills to multiply my time and productivity far more efficiently than getting things done by myself which I find pretty exhausting.
The latter is being able to make use of my connections in real-life gaming industry to learn and assimilate from experts/veterans of the game for various vital information, techniques and strategies that I didn't know before and would take me a long learning curve to even grasp. Hence, my being part of the premier guild in Loki server which is 322.
I believe that I am always a student of life, never a master. It's either we are growing or we are dying.
- Do you think entrepreneurs can use this game to simulate their market strategy before going live? If so, what do they need to know or to research?
Technically yes, however that wouldn't be the case for most real-life business principles practically applied in-game.
Most people who tried emulating my example in the forging industry didn't quite make the catch because they are missing a crucial detail, the real-life principle of being in an actual business. People skills, customer relationships, value-driven marketing instead of profit-oriented hard selling so on and so forth.
There are many factors to consider and years of experience needed to fully apply what we did in the forging industry in Loki server.
- 'All work and no play, makes Jack a dull boy' but integrating your real life experience in a game makes it a unique approach. From where you stand right now, is there something that you learn while playing that you can apply to your work/real life?
Of course, especially with regards to my online marketing ventures. I got to try out many different things on my page that opened my eyes to a wide range of possibilities that we can use for our gaming company and gaming channels in the near future. Also, I got in touch with my inner-child who gave me all these new wonderful ideas that I'm all too excited to implement.
You see we don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. We need to always try something new and different every single day.
- Behavior/Attitude also plays an important role when interacting with people, how were you able to adjust to different player behavior in-game? Did you encounter conflicts with some players?
Yes of course it is a normal occurrence, everyday when we play Ragnarok Online we are confronted with numerous situations wherein our true character as an individual get displayed to the whole community. From kill-stealing to looting other players' items and even as to how we mingle and speak to our fellow players online be it respectful or not. It shows who we really are in real-life.
My mentor once told me that "What you are in SMALL things, you are in BIG things. How you do ONE THING is how you do EVERYTHING in your life." (That includes online games of course) Always remember to always give respect in order to receive respect back. It goes to show our inherent greatness and power more than any amount of zenies, in-game over upgraded and MVP equipments combined.
True greatness of a person, in my view, is evident in the way he or she treats those with whom courtesy and kindness are not required.
- What is the difference between the level 1 Novice `Muramasa to the level 99 `Muramasa now? Do you think you've matured as a person and as a gamer? Any realizations you had along the way?
Of course, I always strive to grow and learn at my own pace all the time. My patience and tolerance was really put to the test when I started mingling with online gamers in the server - who are mostly kids and teenagers since I'm used to being around older/serious businessmen.
I learned how to level and assess myself in situations wherein my belief systems were questioned because they were too positive and out-of-this world for some people. But eventually, every thing came to light and they understood what was at work.
It is through leading and living by example that I had the chance to influence numerous kids, adults or people in general in a positive manner. That there for me is already fulfillment in what I do while enjoying my passion which is gaming
- Any word to those who want to follow your path
Remember, the starting point of all achievement is BURNING DESIRE.
- Why the name `Muramasa?
Well I wanted to take the name `Masamune Goro since he's the good guy and he's the no.1 swordsmith in Japan. Muramasa is second only to his mentor Masamune after all but Muramasa sounds so badass plus I get to have free advertisement of my name every time a person sells the in-game weapon Muramasa (The one that has critical and aspd bonus) LOL. (99porings do actually remember you when we see a Muramasa /omg)
- What made you decide to create a forger
Because a Thai forger failed (0/10) to forge me a VVS Wind Claymore :( (this was on the first week of the server) So, I decided to create my own forger, and be of help to other players who failed forging attempts miserably.
Fun fact: the first VVS Wind Claymore forged by the said Thai was purchased by me for 3 million zeny, which was alot back then. This is exactly 3 days after the server opened.)
- How did you start out
Doing everything this Thai forger told me not to.
PRO TIP: You see, you don't listen to what a successful person says, You do what they do.
- How was leveling a forger like?
- What equips can you recommend to a starting forger? Also, Once they have the means to buy anything, what are the ultimate forger equips that you can think of?
Forging equipment is just a bunch of carded weapon and armors that has DEX/LUK as its primary bonus/effect. As for the ultimate forger equips, that's our trade secret and I leave that for you guys to research. (Don't be lazy, lol)
- Do you have any rituals before forging?
Yep, just look at all our free forging live streams. :) That's why it usually takes 10-12 hours to finish 100+ people on queue. Because of the rituals, it also adds a little bit of entertainment through anxiety-filled anticipation LOL.
- What's the first elemental you forged? what did you do with it?
It was not an Elemental, but a plain `Muramasa's Claymore.. Just as good as the NPC one but with our name on it. We still have it to this day to remind us of our noob mistake.
- How do you price your elementals?
We usually multiply the capital used by 3 or 4 to make it a bit profitable and we also consult with the Loki Blacksmith's ranked forgers council.
Yes we do communicate for the betterment of the server's economy and community.
- As a forger yourself, would you recommend a VVS or a non-VVS to a new player?
I would recommend VVS, because every amount of damage per second counts over time. Slight edge principle.
- Advantage/disadvantage of creating a forger?
Advantages: too many to mention, you can figure that out. :)
Disadvantage: Exhausting but TOTALLY worth it.
- What's your most unforgettable experience of the game?
Mobbing 10-20 Anolians and killing them while eyes closed and half-asleep. LOL
- Any tips/suggestions for those who are looking to create a forger?
Kindly leave us a message at our Facebook page Muramasa Sengo so we could give you tips and suggestions personally.